The ULSViewer tool performs various actions against the data from ULS log files in order to better analyze it. ULSViewer allows the user to:
- Highlight data of importance to the user on the fly
- Bookmark log entries
- Append logs to other logs in order to track trends
- Hide unimportant data
- Only view critical log entries by sorting data by severity
- Write rules to prompt the user when certain events occur
- View your data in a spreadsheet instead of the text file ULS generates
- Monitor remote machines logs that are running ULS services
- Open multiple logs at the same time in order to compare log files.
- Open logs files from multiple machines at the same time.
For more details and to download this tool, please visit http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer