Few days back I was creating a report using SharePoint 2010 list as data source in Report Builder 3. The list I was using had the following lookup columns:
- StartDate (DateTime Column)
- FinishDate (DateTime Column)
- Budget (Number)
Now when I tried to change the datetime and number formatting, I noticed formatting was not being applied.
After spending some time I found out that in order to apply number and datetime formatting to lookup columns, they must be converted to a proper data type. So instead of binding field directly to a column, I used the following expressions to convert these lookup columns in proper data types
The complete list of conversion functions can be found under Common functions and then Conversion. In my case for dates I used CDate(FieldName) and for number column I used CInt(FieldName)